Mark WalkerCAT Therapist, Trainer & Senior Supervisor. EMDR Europe Accredited Consultant. MSc Health Sciences, PGDip CAT, Dip Counselling, RMN. MBACP.
I am an Integrative Therapist and Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) practitioner, trainer and supervisor. I am also a qualified psychiatric nurse (RMN) and have worked in the area of mental health for over 34 years. I have expertise in the following areas:-
- Individual Psychotherapy for PTSD, Stress management, Anxiety, Depression, Deliberate Self Harm (DSH), Relationship difficulties and childhood abuse.
- Training and Clinical Supervision of psychotherapists, counsellors, trainees and other health care professionals.
- Planning, organising and delivering workshops on various subjects including CAT, Personality Disorder, Buddhist Psychology, Clinical Risk Assessment, Psychiatric and Medical issues in Counselling, Professional Development and Life Balancing.
- Taichi and Qigong
I have gained a wide range of experience having worked as a team manager within the National Health Service and in private psychiatry as well as offering psychotherapy and counselling interventions to clients with chronic and enduring mental health problems.I have been part of working groups advising on policy and service provision and I also offer private consultations and therapy to individuals, groups and corporate organisations.
I am work part time in the NHS and in private practice, contributing to CAT trainings across the UK.
I am a fully accredited member of:-
- Association of Cognitive Analytic Therapy (ACAT)
- EMDR UK & Ireland
- Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC)
I am also a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)